Tuesday, 25th January, 2012
Just an update on our sea trial departure info…….
Bad news, due to unforeseen weather conditions (we have strong South Westerly winds on Thursday which will blow us back dangerously into the coast), we have had to postpone the departure until the weather opens up. This means that for who ever wanted to come down to see us off will have to be pretty committed – we are departing at 2am and now from Walkerville South just west of Wilson’s Prom! This is due to the tides being right and being able to get the boat in the water.
I know the team is rather dissapointed with this but we can’t fight the weather and we have to take ours and the boats safety into consideration.
In other news, Clark arrives today with a lot of our gear! – ecretly Margaret and I aren’t really interested in Clarks arrival, it’s all about the cool products he is bringing with him like all the sponsored ‘Zhik‘ gear!
The 3 of us have quite a job ahead of us getting all the food and gear sorted out but we are all loving the mad rush! Also, quick thank you to the guys at Nautek Marine and especially Cole who helped me do all the electrics on the boat today. I learnt SO much!! And also to ’Solar Charge’ and ’Morningstar’ who hooked us up with a brand new regulator for our batteries and solar panel! Loving the community support! Keep following our Blogs and if you haven’t already, ‘like’ our Facebook page ‘George Bass Expedition’ where you can hear our podcasts from sea, and check out all the cool photos of the boat getting prepped!
Check out the Herald Sun article from Today as well click here